About the Coronavirus
A note to patients of the Skandion Clinic
It is critical that patients having proton therapy protect themselves from the risk of infection. Should you have a corona infection, your treatment may be interrupted. To avoid being infected, it is important to keep the following in mind in the coming weeks:
• If you experience cold or flu symptoms, do not come to the clinic, but call our reception at +4618-495 80 00.
• Patients staying at Hotel von Kraemer during the therapy are recommended not go home on weekends.
• Should you still choose to go home, try using a means of transport that allows you to be as isolated as possible, such as your own car or a taxi.
• Limit your contact with others. Avoid crowds that may occur in, for example, public transport, shops, gyms or other public facilities. Do your shopping and run errands when there are as few people as possible around or – better still – ask someone to help you with this.
• Even friends may infect you, make sure you meet as few people as possible. However, you do not need to isolate yourself completely. You may take a walk outside with others but keep a distance of two meters.
• At the Skandion Clinic, we want to limit the number of people in our entrance hall. Unless required, relatives and companions are therefore kindly asked not to accompany patients. Of course, children may be accompanied by one adult.
Be safe and should you have any questions, please do not
hesitate to ask at the reception. If you want to call us, our phone number is +4618-495 80 00.